Saturday, December 3, 2011

On the 3rd day of Christmas

December 3rd:
Today's Goal: In one of your prayers today, give thanks for all the blessings you can think of, do not ask for anything.
Reading: Luke 17:12, 14, 15-17
Song: Count Your Blessings, Hymn 241

Since today's task is to be thankful I thought I'd show you this.
It's a picture of the back of my door. There are seven scriptures taped to it. All about being Grateful. Don't believe me?




I love collecting quotes and scriptures, and so it was natural for me to collect thankful quotes when it started to become fall.

And here is the result of yesterdays prompt.
It's a a little town of Bethlehem made out of foam board, glitter, tape and a mini battery powered tea light. I made this for the ward Christmas party coming up, but I'll take it home and add a quote from here over the party invite. 

Here are the scriptures:
Luke 17
12 And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off:
 14 And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed.
 15 And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God,
 16 And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan.
 17 And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine?
============================================================
I hope I can be that one that remembers to give thanks in all things like the Samaritan.

-Laura

OH! P.s. This is what my advent calendar looks like


For more about my Advent calendar see this post. (The 1st Day of Christmas Post)

No comments:

Post a Comment