Sunday, December 4, 2011

On the Fourth day of Christmas

So today is day four and the prompt was
to feed someone spiritually- read Matthew 14:15-17 sing Tell me the Stories of Jesus

So I read the scriptures with my brother and it talked about the 5 loaves and the 2 fishes. My brothers name is Matthew also so he was interested in the story. We talked about how much Jesus loves us and how he would never leave any one behind or unfeed. It was a really sweet discussion. Then as I had a few minutes of free time I went onto the Mormon Channel and found this video.



It reminded me about how we should not value material things, how we should be grateful and how we should keep with us the spirit of Christ with us even after Christmas.

Honestly, during this tame of year I feel more materialistic, I know, I know I should NOT be this way. But reading my scriptures and patriarchal blessing is helping realize that Christmas should be about Christ and not presents. I need to remember that as much as I want a nice gift, or as much as I want to give the best presents it's more important to spread the giving spirit, and share your love for others by serving them.
-Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment