Monday, December 5, 2011

On the 5th day of Christmas

Only 20 days left till Christmas!! YAY! and O! No! I still need to make gifts.

So today's prompt is
December 5th
Today's Goal: Look up at the heavens and think about who made the sun, moon, and stars then record your feelings in your journal.

Reading: Doctrine and Covenants 88:6-13

 He that ascended up on high, as also he descended below all things, in that he comprehended all things, that he might be in all and through all things, the light of truth;
 Which truth shineth. This is the light of Christ. As also he is in the sun, and the light of the sun, and the power thereof by which it was made.
 As also he is in the moon, and is the light of the moon, and the power thereof by which it was made;
 As also the light of the stars, and the power thereof by which they were made;
 10 And the earth also, and the power thereof, even the earth upon which you stand.
 11 And the light which shineth, which giveth you light, is through him who enlighteneth your eyes, which is the same light that quickeneth your understandings;
 12 Which light proceedeth forth from the presence of God to fill the immensity of space—
 13 The light which is in all things, which giveth life to all things, which is the law by which all things are governed, even the power of God who sitteth upon his throne, who is in the bosom of eternity, who is in the midst of all things.

 And Moses Chapter 2
I really enjoy this chapter.
 to help understand the creation this lesson (a primary lesson) Helps explain it simply
you can watch this video  https://lds.org/media-library/video/old-testament-stories?lang=eng&id=2010-12-02-chapter-2-jesus-makes-the-earth#2010-12-02-chapter-2-jesus-makes-the-earth

Or the video below 




Song: The Lord is my Light Hymn 89 

 The world is such a beautiful place, the Lord did a wonderful job creating all that is on this planet.
The trees, the plants, the creatures, the stars. I saw this picture this weekend, it is of a beautiful night sky that is filled with more stars than I have ever seen! 

 http://pinterest.com/pin/164170348886028842/
 One of my favorite things to do is go to girls camp. I love girls camp because we hike around and take in and experience all the beauty we have missed during our busy lives. Honestly I miss a lot of the beauty around me because I am more focused on things that don't matter as much. I have made it my goal to slow down and look around. I really am going to try.

-Laura 

No comments:

Post a Comment