Tuesday, December 6, 2011

On the 6th day of Christmas

So today's prompt and a story....


So today
December 6th 2011
Try to be as kind as possible to others. 
Reading: 3 Nephi 17: 5, 6, 9


 And it came to pass that when Jesus had thus spoken, he cast his eyes round about again on the multitude, and beheld they were in tears, and did look steadfastly upon him as if they would ask him to tarry a little longer with them.
 And he said unto them: Behold, my bowels are filled with compassion towards you.
  And it came to pass that when he had thus spoken, all the multitude, with one accord, did go forth with their sick and their afflicted, and their lame, and with their blind, and with their dumb, and with all them that were afflicted in any manner; and he did heal them every one as they were brought forth unto him.

Song: I need Thee every hour, Hymn 98 


Alright. So obviously today's prompt, song and scripture is about Christ and his kindness.  I love this picture of Christ where he asks all the children to come to him. 
 And this picture where Christ heals the sick, blind, and deaf.
 I love my Savior and the kindness he shares. 
 Recently a fellow young woman shared what she was thankful for in seminary and she said "I am thankful for my Savior and his kindness and his atonement" I admire this young woman SO much! Then the following week I was having a bad day almost everyday, things were very stressful, school was more difficult, and I was tired. I then remembered the young woman in my ward who is thankful for her Savior Jesus Christ. I decided to write a thank you card to her. I felt I should express how I was feeling and my struggles. She then wrote me back with the most wonderful genuinely written letter. She made me cry because of her touching stories of how she too struggles. She wrote that she tells herself "I am a Daughter of God" when she leaves her home and when she's having a tough time.  I am thankful for the love my Savior has for me, and for the Christ like love my friend has shown me. We are now pen pals, and great friends. :D 
-Laura 
p.s. I have exciting news, I am the Laurel 1st counselor and the seminary president. 

No comments:

Post a Comment