Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Valentines day

It was Elementary school, each child had brought in a homemade box. Mine of course was the best with it's  2 layers, "white frosting" and glitter. Smiles gleamed around the room, and pink, red and white hearts lined the walls. The teacher had written the date in pink chalk.
It is February 14th, Valentines day.
 I had hand written each note in my best pen, making sure the letters were legible. And gathered little gifts for my friends, a cookie for sam, a pink pencil for Gentry, and of course a large box of chocolates nestled in flutted cups for Amber. She was my best friend. Her dark locks graced her dark brown eyes. She wore a Scooby Doo t-shirt, and had given me the nicest of all notes. My golden blonde hair was in little braids, I wore my favoirte pink shirts, and my sandals. The teacher would treat us to a day of bingo, recess, & treats. This was and is my favorite day. I such fond memories of Valentines day, the elementary kind of valentines day- honest notes, chocolates, pink, red, and white. Jolly Rancher Lolly Pops. I wish valentines day was more like the way it was back "then", back when you didn't have to worry about boyfriends, and other silly things.

I love valentines day! Here are some of my Valentines day inspired pins.


  
Source: etsy.com via Laura on Pinterest
















Source: google.com via Laura on Pinterest












Source: etsy.com via Laura on Pinterest















Source: flickr.com via Laura on Pinterest












Source: bhg.com via Laura on Pinterest































-Laura
Do you like valentines day? What do you do to celebrate? What's your best school days memory of Valentines day?




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment