Friday, January 6, 2012

Tangled & the Gospel

First of all, I LOVE the movie Tangled! I seriously adore the movie!
Take a minute and listen to "I see the Light" from the Tangled movie.




Here are some of the lyrics in black. Here are the words I added in red. Words/phrases underlined are replaced by words/phrases in red.

.......
And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything looks different
Now that I see you [The light]

(musical interlude)

Eugene(Flynn):
........
All those years living in a blur
All that time never truly seeing
Things, the way they were
Now she's [it's] here shining in [like] the starlight
Now she's [it's ]  here, suddenly I know
If she's [it's] here it's crystal clear
I'm where I'm meant to go [ I can feel the Holy Ghost]

Rapunzel & Eugene (Flynn):
And at last I see the light

Eugene (Flynn):
And it's like the fog has lifted

Rapunzel & Eugene (Flynn):
And at last I see the light

Rapunzel:
And it's like the sky is new

Rapunzel & Eugene(Flynn):
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once, everything is different
Now that I  see you [See the Light]
Now that I  see you [See the Light]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
See how adding a few fords and replacing a few can make it apply to the Gospel of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, this is why I love the movie! 

The song says "At last I see the Light", which reminds me of this phrase.
 
The Lord is my light, Ps. 27:1


And Like the Hymn** Says, His presence is near. {See song here} When Listening to the Tangled song, we learn that because of the light the fog is lifted. That my friends is so true. Because of Christ darkness can go away and our lives are filled with clarity, Joy and Happiness. The world is certainly a better place because of the Light of Christ. 

** { The Lord is my Light (Hymn #89),}

I found another thing on Tangled and how it can apply to the Gospel Here.
Tonii Johnson created this wonderful Family Home Evening Activity.

"As I was watching it [Tangled] for the first time last week the story struck me as so profound.
Let's see if this sounds familiar: a beautiful young girl is born of royal birth.
However, as she gets older she is told lie after lie to try and keep her from fulfilling her full potential. She struggles between believing these lies or going out on her own and finding out who she really is...only to learn she truly is the daughter of the King.
HELLO!! I couldn't keep the tears from coming as I thought about this beautiful message.
We are ALL daughters and sons of a King, and once we are sent to this earth it is so easy to forget. Satan is everywhere around us, trying to deceive us, tear us down, and doubt our divinity at every turn. By listening to these lies we become trapped, and it is only when we realize these lies for what they are that we can fulfill our true missions on earth and rediscover our divine heritage."
-Tonii Johnson Writes.

I love her point of view! It is true that we are children of our Heavenly Father. And this is our      "Once Upon a  time..." as president Uchtdorf has said before. {See his talk here}

For a fun Young Women activity you could watch Tangled and have several Tangled activities, but make sure you talk about how it applies to the Gospel.

I know that we a Daughters and Sons of our Heavenly Father. 
Love,
Laura


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment