Thursday, December 8, 2011

On the 8th day of Christmas

Today's Goal: Go out of your way to be a friend to someone who needs a friend, follow through in the days to come. ( I still need to do thid)
Reading: Matt 11:28
28 ¶Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Song: Come unto Jesus, Hymn 117 


So today was a good day, I finished my painting of the Jordan valley temple as a gift for my parents, it's a watercolor 'collage' {I'll post pictures after Christmas}. 
I had a great missionary opportunity with painting this painting. My friend asked me what the building was and I said the Temple. She did not know what the temple was, so I explained to her it's a place we make covenants and get married forever. She was a little confused so I broke it down a little. 
When we get married anywhere else in the ceremony the words "till death do we part" are said. But when you are married in the temple it is for all time and eternity, and that because Christ died for us we are blessed with eternal life. I was very nervous when I told her these things, but I felt the spirit telling me I should continue. 


-Laura



No comments:

Post a Comment