Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas is what you make it!

During the Christmas Devotional this past sunday president Thomas S. Monson said
"Christmas is what you make it."
How true. This year it is my goal to put Christ back into Christmas.
O! And I found this cute printable at ssbuffat.blogspot.com


Christmas traditions we have 
  • Read the Christmas Story
  • Sing/listen all the Christmas Hymns
  • Decorate tree
  • Watch various Christmas movies (Joy to the World, The Christmas Story, A Christmas Carol, A Charlie Brown Christmas, Home Alone, The polar express, Elf, Miracle on 34th street,)
  •  Mom makes amazing cinnamon rolls Christmas morning

  • Pajamas will be worn Christmas morning unless we go to church first. 
  • We can not get up too early. Do Not wake up mom & dad.

 Things I will add to my tradition list
  • make an Advent calendar
  • read my patriarchal blessing Christmas eve.
  • Try to be more kind and loving
  •  Serve. 
  • Bare my testimony of Christ
  • Make Christ the reason for celebration.
-Laura
What are your traditions?
And if you didn't get a chance to watch it, here is the Christmas Devotional.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment