Saturday, April 14, 2012

Family History-Indexing- Personal Progress



You may be puzzled at the title of this post.
Family History- Indexing- Personal Progress.

During the October 2011 General Conference, David A Bednar called for the Youth to participate in Family History. My initial response was "That is for OLD people!". However something kept telling me, "NO it is not, it is for the youth- You have the knowledge, You have the resources"   I know this was the spirit telling me what I really needed to do. Although I have just started, and although I haven't done much with my Family History, I know this work is VERY important and beneficial;  To me, and to those who are waiting to be recognized. In History class we hear about all these people, their lives, what is was like, and the major events that happened. However doing Indexing has made me realize that even though the big events and powerful people were important, the worth of one humble soul is infinitely great. 

Doctrine and Covenants 18:10
 Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;

 I encourage you to try out Indexing, it is MUCH simpler than you EVER thought before. My goal is to instead of going on Facebook (and pinterest, yahoo, google....etc) , indexing a few names. 

Try it out at https://indexing.familysearch.org/




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment