Saturday, December 17, 2011

On the 17th day of Christmas

December 17
Today's Goal: as you partake of the sacrament this week, make a special effort to think about the savior.
Here is a great article on  "How to Prepare for the Sacrament"
Scripture: 3 Nephi 18:1, 3, 5, 7, 9-11

 And it came to pass that Jesus commanded his disciples that they should bring forth some bread and wine unto him.

 And when the disciples had come with bread and wine, he took of the bread and brake and blessed it; and he gave unto the disciples and commanded that they should eat.

 And when the multitude had eaten and were filled, he said unto the disciples: Behold there shall one be ordained among you, and to him will I give power that he shall break bread and bless it and give it unto the people of my church, unto all those who shall believe and be baptized in my name.

 And this shall ye do in remembrance of my body, which I have shown unto you. And it shall be a testimony unto the Father that ye do always remember me. And if ye do always remember me ye shall have my Spirit to be with you.

 And it came to pass that they did so, and did drink of it and were filled; and they gave unto the multitude, and they did drink, and they were filled.

10 And when the disciples had done this, Jesus said unto them: Blessed are ye for this thing which ye have done, for this is fulfilling my commandments, and this doth witness unto the Father that ye are willing to do that which I have commanded you.

 11 And this shall ye always do to those who repent and are baptized in my name; and ye shall do it in remembrance of my blood, which I have shed for you, that ye may witness unto the Father that ye do always remember me. And if ye do always remember me ye shall have my Spirit to be with you.



Song: While of these Emblems We Partake, hymn 173


Christmas and  Christ in my life. 
So as you have seen in my blog recently I have been getting a great deal of "love" letters from the young women in my ward. They will hide them in my backpack, give them to me, or even put them in my "mail box" so this year I am going to make a little surprise for all of them this Christmas. They have shown me Christ like love, I can not believe the amazing friends I have. I hope I will never forget how much they care.




Personal Progress update
Well, I have been procrastinating again. So it will be my goal for 2012 and Christmas break, to work on my P.P. as much as possible. I have been working on my "Divine Nature" by tutoring a sweet 5th grader named Rebeca. I have also started to learn how to do family history. Speaking of which have you seen this http://createfan.com/ ? It is a website off of the youth page on LDS.org, in which you can create your own fan of your family history. It's as easy as logging on, and printing. This will help you see what needs to be done. So I guess I haven't been procrastinating as much as I made it seem.

No comments:

Post a Comment