Wednesday, December 14, 2011

On the 13th day of Christmas

December 13th
Today's Goal: Do something to bring cheer to someone who has reason to feel sad.
Reading: John 11:35, 36, 41, 43, 44 


 35 Jesus wept.
 36 Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him!
  41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.
 43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
 44 And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

Reading 2: Mosiah 18:9
 Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life—

Song: Abide with me, hymn 166


Okay, so yesterday we had the MOST awesome young women's class activity. We all were given 13 sticky notes of various colors. (There were 13 yw yesterday.) Then we sat in a circle and put a chair in the center. Someone would sit in the "hot seat" and we would all write nice things we love about that person. So we went through a bunch of girls, then I was next..... I was really nervous because I haven't been so self -loving (Is that the right word?) recently. After a few minutes of sitting in the chair the first girl put a sticky note on my back and read what she wrote. Then the next girl, and the next, I really felt their love. I honestly started to tear up when I heard what they had to say.   Then it was my  pen pals turn. I was crying well into the second sentence I had written, I was able to finish what I had to say, but by that time I was in tears. My pen pal gave me a hug and thanked me. I really love re-reading the sticky notes. Hey it also allowed several girls to pass off Individual worth 7.
 
Here are some pictures- I LOVE THE YOUNG WOMEN IN MY WARD!!












-Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment