Monday, October 10, 2011

I know.

Yesterday I bore my testimony in church. At first I thought I'm not going to do it today, but near the end of the session I felt the Holy Ghost strongly that I need to bear my testimony. I waited one minute and the feeling only got stronger. So then I went up to the stand. (Bold is what I said, unbold is more insight of what I know.)
I began where I normally start:

I know Heavenly Father loves me and that we are his children.
This brings such comfort, to know he is my father in Heaven. I know that he hears my prayers, and that he blesses me. I know that he loves me. And to know that no matter my circumstances, whether I have a lot of friends or have none, Heavenly Father will be there for me. As he is there for you. He loves you. YOU are his child. He hears YOUR prayers, He blesses YOU! He is there for YOU! 
I know his son Jesus Christ died for us that we may live again. He suffered for our sins. He taught righteousness, he taught to love. He Lives!
Christ died on the cross for us. He loved us so much that he was willing to give his life, even though he was spotless of sin, he was perfect, and he still gave his life for our imperfections, our sins. He died for us that we may be able to live with him and Heavenly Father. He bled from every pore, for all the sins that man did commit, have committed and will commit. He knew of the pain he would be in, and still died for us. He was the most righteous man that ever lived. And he lives now because he was resurrected. 
I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet , and that he translated the Book of Mormon. 


I know that Thomas S. Monson is the ONLY true prophet on the earth now. 

I am thankful for the power of the priesthood . 

The youth had the opportunity to go to the temple Thursday and do baptisms for the dead.     I know that the temple is a house of God. I know that it is a holy place. And that the ordinances that happen in the Temple help those who have past on. I am thankful for the Temple. 

I know that Families can be together forever.
When a family is sealed together in the temple it is for time and all eternity. 
I know that the Book of Mormon is True. I know that it bears witness of Christ. I know it's words are true. And that Joseph Smith really did translate it. I know that the Book of Mormon is meant for our day. And that the promises and blessings of reading the Book of Mormon are innumerable. I am thankful it's words and the guidance it provides. I know it is the Word of God. 

I am thankful for the guidance of the Holy Ghost, and that I am amble to feel the spirit that it may help me in all my doings. 

I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church. I know that this is Gods Church.

I know that I am a Daughter of God. And that we are children of our Heavenly Father.




And I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ 
Amen. 


I was crying more that I thought I would. And it felt good to bear my testimony. I don't know if my testimony help lift any one else lives that day, but it didn't matter because I know my testimony only got stronger by bearing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment